Hello!

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Hello!

Postby sheenacv on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I've recently got interested in various types of fermentation. I started with making yogurt, but then stumbled upon milk kefir and water kefir. I'm currently on holidays, so with a bit of extra time on my hands, I started making sauerkraut and after success moved on to various other veggies. I decided to buy The Art of Fermentation and have found a lot of new ideas. I started making gingerbeer from a gingerbug (as I couldn't get my water kefir to taste quite enough like gingerbeer for my liking) and tried turmeric as well. (I tried to make a rootbeer from my gingerbug as well, but haven't been able to get the taste right.) Then I decided I wanted to try some fruit mead and have a few different types fermenting away now. (I'm going home for about six weeks, and hope that they do alright while I'm away.) I currently live in China, so sometimes finding the appropriate ingredients is difficult, but there are also a lot of things that I wouldn't have easily available at home in Canada.

When I get back from vacation, I'd like to try fermenting some veggies in a traditional Chinese crock, and I'm also thinking of trying my hand at natto and tempeh.

I have allergies to most raw fruits and veggies, but fermentation breaks down most of the offending proteins and the probiotics help with a lot of digestive problems, so I suspect that different types of fermentation will become routine as I find the ones I like the most.
sheenacv

Re: Hello!

Postby Christopher Weeks on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation!
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here