Hey from Wisconsin

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Hey from Wisconsin

Postby bjdmytro on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 am

I live in North Central Wisconsin, and I have been fermenting (pun intended) for about 20 years. Before that, my family has always been making its own sauerkraut, part of our Polish heritage. I have also been a strict vegetarian during that time, so all of the recipes and ingredients that I use reflect this. I started with tempeh and sauerkraut, and I have gone beyond that to kim chi, many other vegetable ferments, miso, shoyu, vegan yogurt, vegan cheese, sour dough, amazake, sake, beer, wine, hard cider, vinegar, & kombucha (and soon to try natto). I like experimenting in these areas, and I've developed many of my own techniques over the years that I would love to share. Also, I am always learning new things about fermenting all of the time.

At the time of this post, I have 10 gallons of sourkraut in the basement, a batch of hatcho miso and shuyo fermenting, and a batch of tempeh fermenting.
bjdmytro

Re: Hey from Wisconsin

Postby Christopher Weeks on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation!

(I'm writing this from the Twin Cities, so we're practically neighbors! ;) )
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Re: Hey from Wisconsin

Postby bjdmytro on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Oh, I get to the Twin Cities at least once a year. Its a fun place. I've briefly passing through in a month.
bjdmytro

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here