Natto enthusiast

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Natto enthusiast

Postby Natto on Sat May 15, 2021 1:07 pm

I have Japanese ancestry, although I was born and raised in Arizona. My grandparents always encouraged us to eat our natto and would often serve it to us for breakfast along with an egg and onions. It may sound strange, but it is quite tasty to me.

I used to make my own natto, using the recipe handed down by my grandmother, but life has been so hectic lately, that I often find myself buying the frozen natto from Japan in my local Asian grocery store.

But recently I have found a very easy way to make a natto version of soy milk yogurt. It is really easy. You get the purest soy milk you can find. I use Trader Joe's because the only ingredients are soy beans and water. Then you pour that into a mason jar and add a tablespoon of nato and stir. Then mine took 12 hours. It was good and thick, but does not taste like regular soy yogurt because it simply put that into a yogurt maker and wait for at least 8 hours,
Natto

Re: Natto enthusiast

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue May 18, 2021 4:48 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation!
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here