New User Introduction

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

New User Introduction

Postby cuthbertdavies on Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:38 am

Cuthbert here from the once great state of Florida, USA .

The way things are going I'm actually ashamed to say that ! The majority of people are asleep and I wish I could collectivey gangster slap the fuc$#&# shi$ out of them ! Anyways I've been pounding 2 heads of cabbge for my first ever homade sauerkraut and have a question which I'll ask here . I'm putting apples and onion in with the cabbage . Should they be put in now and pounded or should I wait till I'm done pounding ? I'm pretty sure another ten minutes and the cabbage will surrender . Ok , I'm not pretty but I'm sure !

Thank you.
cuthbertdavies

Re: New User Introduction

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:58 am

Welcome to the forum, Cuthbert!

(I've heard the start of your name pronounced q-th and kuhth, which do you use?)

You should post your question in the veggie ferments board to get more eyes on it, but honestly, either plan works fine. The onion and apples don't need the heavy abuse the cabbage does to get them weepy, but they're not going to be badly harmed by it either.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here