Natto to share?

Miso, tamari, tempeh, idli/dosa, natto, and more!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Natto to share?

Postby Paulzie67 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:13 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new to Fermentation. I started with Sourdough Bread because my husband had acute Pancreatitis 6 years ago because of a 14mm gallstone that blocked his common bile duct. He almost died and I was determined to try to keep him from getting that sick ever again. I started trying to make as much of our food as possible, to eliminate bad fats, oils, sweeteners, etc.. Unfortunately, I failed and he had a Heart attack 2 years later! He had 3 stents put in and we went to an almost completely pescatarian/vegetarian diet for more than the past 2 years.
I say More than as about 7-8 months ago, I started watching videos by different Cardiologists and one in particular, Dr. William Davis, discussed Gut Microbiome and it's role in the necessary nutrients (?) needed to keep your heart and arteries (and body overall) healthy. So, I've been making Kefir, Yogurts of all kinds (L. reuteri, L. casei, L. goagulans, L. plantarum, etc., etc.,) and have been wanting to try Natto.
So, Does anyone on here make their own Natto and is it easy enough to "Share" with others, like sharing Kefir Grains, Sourdough Starter or Yogurt Starters?
If so, Is Anyone willing to send me a starter?
TIA
Paulzie67

Return to Legume Ferments