Lightmoore fr NWAR, Made my First Batch of Kraut

Kimchi, pickles, sauerkraut, and more!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Re: Lightmoore fr NWAR, Made my First Batch of Kraut

Postby Lightmoore on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Well I left it alone for a week and just now looked at it and it had a white moldy cover started (is that mother of Vinegar) and an almost milky cloudy look to the water in it. I went to repackage it so I could put it in the frig. not much of a smell to and I really wasn't that brave to try to eat more then a few pieces of it, still get that strong after taste and not tasting as good as it was a week ago. So not sure if it went bad on me or if I am just psyching myself out over it. You know how you get when you think some things bad and it really isn't. Human nature I guess. Anyway have it repackaged and will bef putting it in the frig till I get brave enough to try it again. Already have 2 more heads of Cabbage this time just all green, didn't like the color the mix of green and purple turned my Mustache :o. As I am typing this that after taste has really taken over my mouth an I only had a few strands of the kraut.
Lightmoore

Re: Lightmoore fr NWAR, Made my First Batch of Kraut

Postby Lightmoore on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 pm

just have a little left now will be making some more sausage and Kraut when I can get around to it.
Lightmoore

Previous

Return to Vegetable Ferments